Table of Contents
Comparison Table – Best Gaming Headsets Under $100
Last update on 2019-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you call yourself a gamer, then you must be aware of the fact that sound plays a major role in gaming. In order to get an immersive audio experience while gaming, you must get a gaming headphones for yourself. There are hundreds of gaming headphones available in the market in different price ranges.
Selecting one headset from these hundreds of choices is a hard job but we have made this decision easier for you.
5 Best Microphone For YouTube Gaming And Commentary
If you are looking for a good pair for The Best gaming headset under $100 then you have arrived at the right spot. Today, it is time for us to have a look at Best Gaming Headsets Under 100 dollar In 2019. We have selected these Headsets after considering a lot of factors such as Comfort, sound quality, value for money etc. Let us quickly get started.
Best Gaming Headsets Under $100 In 2019
1. HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset
HyperX Cloud II Gaming Specs
|Item Height||9 Centimeters|
|Item Width||11 Centimeters|
|Item Weight||726 g|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 11 x 9 cm|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required.|
|Hardware Platform||Double Jack|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||1 Watt Hours|
|Lithium battery Weight||56 Grams|
|Number of Lithium Ion Cells||1|
HyperX Cloud II is a very premium gaming headset and it is used by a lot of professional gamers. It delivers a superior audio experience to its users while gaming or even listening to music with the help of its 53mm audio drivers. It is made up of good quality material and does feel solid and premium.
There is also a 7.1 Virtual Sound technology in this headphones. If you enable this technology, then the headphones will enhance the depth of the audio to give you an even better sound experience.
You can toggle this Surround sound 7.1 feature with the help of the remote controller. The remote controller can also be used to increase or decrease the audio. It is a multi-platform supported gaming headsets as it can be used with PS4, Xbox, Nintendo switch, PC etc.
It comes with a pretty long braided cable and it is also quite long. There is no need for any built in sound card in your desktop in order to use this gaming headset.
Just plug in the cable and you will be ready to rock. The ear cups are very soft and they also can be interchanged. Overall, the comfortability is also very good. You can use it for long gaming sessions without any issues.
This gaming headset is also certified by TeamSpeak which means that it has excellent sound clarity. It is also the official gaming headset of the Intel Extreme masters.
- 52mm audio drivers which produces superior audio experience.
- 1 Surround system increases the depth of sound to give an immersive experience.
- It looks and feel like a very premium gaming headset.
- It is a TeamSpeak certified gaming headset.
- HyperX Cloud II has a Distinctive design with improved accessories.
- It is also quite comfortable.
2. Logitech G231 Prodigy Gaming Headset
Logitech G231 Prodigy Gaming Headset Specs
|Item Weight||544 g|
|Product Dimensions||10.7 x 23 x 19.8 cm|
Second on our list is the G231 Prodigy gaming headset by Logitech. Logitech has been always known for its gaming accessories and this gaming headset is no exception.
It can be plugged into both Gaming consoles and Gaming PCs. The cable is made up of high quality synthetic material and the length is also pretty good.
It has 40mm neodymium speaker drivers which produces crystal clear audio quality. It is also a very comfortable gaming headset.
You can use it for long gaming sessions without feeling any pain in ears because of its great comfortability and light weight build.
One good part about these headsets is that they have removable ear cups which means you can easily wash the ear cups without any sort of hassle.
There is also an On-Cable remote controller which you can use to control the audio and mic. The coolest part is that this headset comes with a Folding, noise cancelling microphone.
It reduces the background noise with the help of the noise cancellation technology.
The ear cups are also very large and they are Lay-Flat type ear cups. It is made up of high quality plastic material and it does feels solid and premium. There is a 3.5mm jack at the end of these headsets.
- Great sound clarity because of the 40mm neodymium speaker drivers.
- It can be paired with both gaming consoles and gaming PCs.
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Unidirectional boom microphone with noise cancellation.
- Washable ear cups
- The cable is pretty long and durable.
- There is also a physical remote control on the cable.
3. Sades SA902 Gaming Headset
Sades SA902 Gaming Headset Specs
|Sensitivity||114u00b13db at 1khz|
|Impedance||32 Ohm at 1khz|
|Mic Frequency Range||50-10Khz|
|Mic Impedance||u22642.2u03a9 at 1khz|
|Headset cable length||Approx1.3m|
Now, it is time for us to talk about a budget centric Gaming Headset- Sades SA902 Gaming headset is one of the best gaming headset under $100 n 2019. It is the most affordable gaming headset on our list.
It is compatible with Windows, Mac via USB port but it does not support consoles such as PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
This gaming headset may not look that premium because of the cheap quality material used and that lightning but It definitely does good.
This gaming headset also does come with 7.1 surround sound technology which is good to see at this price.
The sound quality is pretty good for the price. You will notice better depth in sound by enabling the 7.1 surrounding sound mode.
You will not have to download any sort of drivers in order to use this gaming headset. Just plug it to your PC via USB port and it will start working.
The ear cushions are soft and comfortable. Even the handband has padded cushions which provides great comfort.
This Gaming headset also has a high quality flexible microphone with noise cancelling technology which means that they will cancel all the unnecessary noise. There is also a remote controller which has few buttons by which you can control the volume of the gaming headset.
- It comes with 7.1 surround sound system which enhances the voice quality.
- Sades SA902 is very comfortable even for long gaming sessions.
- It supports plug and play functionality.
- High quality flexible microphone with noise cancelling technology.
- It offers a great value for money.
4. Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2
Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2 Specs
|Item Weight||12.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.2 x 3.9 x 7.8 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||6.15 x 3.86 x 7.8 inches|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required.|
Razer is a very popular brand that makes some really awesome gaming accessories. One such great gaming accessory is Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2. It is a great pair of gaming headphones that not only sounds really good but it also does look very minimal and dope at the same time.
It comes with a 50mm large audio drivers which produces great audio quality. The best thing is its loudness. It can sound very loud without any sound distortion. razer kraken 7.1 chroma v2 also has the popular Razer’s Chroma lighting.
You can customize this Chroma lighting as per your need with the help of the razer software.
You can download this software from the internet or you can simply use the CD which comes with the gaming headset to install that software.
It is compatible with your Gaming desktop/Laptop and PlayStation 4. Also, it is available in 3 different colors; Black, gunmetal, mercury.
All the colors look really cool because of that Chroma lightning. It has a very comfortable padding at the ear cups and the headband.
Active noise cancellation is also present there in the flexible microphone of this gaming headset. There is also an In-built 7.1 Surround Sound technology present in these pair of gaming headphones.
The headset is made up of Bauxite aluminum which makes it solid and lightweight at the same time.
- It comes with the Razer Chroma lighting which is customizable.
- The huge 50mm audio drivers produces great sound.
- Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2 has built-in advanced 7.1 virtual surround sound technology.
- The mic has active noise cancellation which works perfectly fine.
- It is made up bauxite aluminum and does feels very premium.
- The Ear cups cover the full-ear and they are very soft.
- There is no sound distortion even at maximum loudness.
5. SteelSeries Arctis 5 RGB Illuminated Gaming Wired Headset
SteelSeries Arctis 5 RGB Specs
|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.9 x 7.1 x 3.6 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||7.93 x 7.08 x 3.58 inches|
If you are looking for a cool looking gaming headset, then you should go for the Steelseries Arctis 5 RGB Illuminated Gaming Wired headset. It has a unique Prism RGB illumination lightning on the outline of the ear cups.
This RGB illumination makes the gaming headset look dope. This RGB illumination can also be customized with the help of the SteelSeries Engine software.
This RGB lightning is not the only good thing about this headset, even the sound quality is pretty good. They come with the S1 speaker’s driver which deliver good amount of bass and depth of sound.
There is also the support of X 71 surround sound technology on P and you can enjoy stereo sound while using this gaming headset with a gaming console such as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo switch etc. Stereo sound even works on Mac devices.
One great thing about this pair of gaming headphones is its mic. It has a clearcast microphone. It is a proprietary bidirectional microphone which is capable of recording studio quality audio and it also does have background noise cancelation.
There is also a very cool LED on this microphone. You can also use this microphone for recording podcasts.
There is also a Ski Goggle suspension band which provides great comfortability and eliminating pressure points.
Another really good thing about this gaming headset by Steelseries is that it comes with a Detachable USB sound card which you can use to control the gaming and chat volume easily without any much hassle.
- Prism RGB illumination lightning with customizable options
- It does also have the 7.1 Surround sound technology.
- It can be used with a wide variety of consoles and Gaming PCs.
- A very good microphone with background noise cancellation
- Ski Goggle suspension band provides a great comfort.
6. CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset
CORSAIR Void PRO RGB Wireless Specs
|Operating System||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7|
|Item Weight||13.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.1 x 3.9 x 7.5 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||8.07 x 3.93 x 7.52 inches|
|Batteries||1 A batteries required.|
Corsair makes some dope gaming accessories and Crosaid Void Pro RGB Wireless Gaming headset is one of them. It is also the first wireless gaming headphones on this list.
This gaming headset is compatible with Windows based Desktop and laptop. It is a Discord certified gaming headset so you won’t face any issues while communicating with your teammates.
These pair of gaming headphones are available in a 3 colors; White, carbon and Black Carbon.
The best thing about this gaming headset is its badass look. It has got a very dope look to it because of its ergonomics. It comes with a custom tuned 50mm neodymium speaker drivers.
The sound quality is very clear and it does have a huge battery which can last for up to 16 hours. The wireless audio works fine with up to 40 ft. range.
The build quality of Gaming accessories by Corsair is always good and this gaming headset is no exception. It is made up of aluminum and It does feel very durable and steady.
It is also very comfortable for long gaming sessions. You can also use this headphone for listening to music as it is a wireless one.
- It has 50mm neodymium speaker drivers which produces crystal clear audio.
- It can be plugged directly to your Windows based desktop/laptop.
- Wireless audio with up to 16 hours of battery life.
- The unidirectional microphone reduces ambient noise from your background.
- They look dope
7. SADES SA935 3.5m Lightweight Over Ear Gaming headset
SADES SA935 Specs
|Package Dimensions||8 x 7.7 x 4.3 inches|
|Item Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||1.1 pounds|
Now, we will be having a look at another gaming headset by Sades. It is the Sades SA935. This one is a lightweight Over-the-ear type gaming headset which is used by a lot of professional gamers. The ergonomics of this gaming headset make it look very cool and unique.
It is available in the color combination of black and blue which does feel promising. There are also some other color options available such as green, orange. Blue and camouflage.
Sades SA935 can be used with multiple devices such as PlayStation 4, Xbox, PC etc. There is a 40mm high flux neodymium magnet in this Gaming headset and it does sound pretty decent for the price.
It has a retractable and flexible omnidirectional microphone. The only problem with the mic is that there is no noise cancellation. This might be a huge issue for some people.
It also has an extreme ergonomic adaptive headband which can also be stretched as per your face shape. The ear cups are pretty comfortable but you cannot detach them or replace them.
The headset is built up of high quality plastic material which does not feels cheap at all. With this gaming headset, you will also get a very useful 3.5mm adaptor which will allow you to split the mic in to 2 separate audio jacks.
This headset can also be used for other tasks such as skype video calls, listening to music etc.
- Fabric cushion headband and soft ear cups for Great comfort
- It is compatible with multiple devices such as Consoles and Gaming desktops.
- It also sounds very good because of the 40mm high flux neodymium magnet.
- Comes with an audio jack separator
- Available in different color options
8. Razer BlackShark Over Ear Noise Isolation PC Gaming Headset
Razer BlackShark PC Gaming Headset Specs
|Hardware Platform||PC, Mac, Linux|
|Operating System||Windows Vista;Windows XP;Mac;Linux|
|Item Weight||12.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.4 x 7 x 8.3 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||3.36 x 6.97 x 8.27 inches|
The Razer BlackShark has a very different approach when compared to any other gaming headset on this list. It looks very different and unique.
It has a barebones look with visible external wiring. This gaming headset may not look very premium but it has stereo sound with enhanced bass.
These gaming headphones also have noise isolating ear cups and the noise isolations works perfectly fine. There is also a boom microphone which can be detached from the gaming headset.
You will also get a mic splitter in the box so that you can connect it your gaming PC and get both audio output and microphone input at the same time.
They come with 40mm Neodymium drivers and deliver good audio quality and the bass is also decent. You won’t face any sound distortion even at maximum volume. It is completely made up of metal but still feels very lightweight.
It also has the 7.1 Surround sound technology which enhances the sound clarity. Razer calls it a versatile gaming headset because it can be used for gaming or even listening to music without any problem.
The only problem with these pair of headphones is that there is no RGB lightning. This might be a problem for some of you but it does look very unique and funky.
You can definitely go for it if you are looking for a unique pair of headphones which you will be not only using for gaming but also for other tasks such as listening to music.
The only problem of this gaming headset is that the wire attached to it seems to be very fragile.
- It produces nice audio because of the 40mm neodymium drivers.
- The ear cups provide good noise isolation.
- It has a detachable boom microphone.
- Razer BlackShark also has well-padded Ear cushions for better comfort.
- It also has the 7.1 surround sound technology.
- It is made up of metal.
9. Turtle Beach – Ear Force Stealth 400 Fully Wireless Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Specs
|PS4 Pro||Optical & USB|
|PS4 (without Optical)||Optical from TV & USB or USB Only|
|PS4 (with Optical)||Optical & USB|
|PS3||Optical & USB|
|Headset Power||Rechargeable Battery|
|Speakers||50mm with Neodymium Magnets|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Ear-cup Design||Over-Ear (Closed)|
|Ear-Cushion Material||Fabric (Black)|
|Microphone Design||Removable Omni-Directional|
|Battery||Rechargeable Lithium Polymer|
Ear Force Stealth 400 by Turtle beach are a really good pair of fully Wireless gaming headphones. They are advertised as PS4 exclusive gaming headphones but we have tried using them on a Windows based computer and they worked perfectly fine.
They provide excellent sound quality and there are also some EQ Audio presets for this gaming headset and one of the best EQ Audio preset is Bass boost. You can activate this preset to enjoy more detailed bass while listening to the music.
A major concern about the wireless gaming headphones is the battery life. These headphones are capable of providing a battery backup of up to 15 hours on a full charge which is more than enough even for a hardcore gamer.
There is also a 7.1 surround sound mode in these headphone but you will have to use a dongle in order to use this mode.
This gaming headset is very well optimized to work with PlayStation 4. This is because the brand calls it a PlayStation exclusive gaming headphones.
It is also very comfortable because of the padded ear cups and headband. There is also an extendible microphone in this gaming headset.
- True Wireless gaming headphones
- It Can deliver up to 15 hours of battery back up on full charge.
- Turtle beach Ear Force Stealth 400 delivers good sound quality with the help of 50mm audio drivers.
- It is very well optimized for PlayStation 4.
- It can also support 7.1 surround sound.
10. Daksing T19 Gaming Headset
Daksing T19 Gaming Headset Specs
|Product Dimensions||11.4 x 10.2 x 4.3 inches|
|Item Weight||3 pounds|
This is the last but not the least gaming headphone on our list. The best thing about this gaming headset is its build quality. It is completely made up of metal and feels very durable and strong. They also look very premium because of that stainless steel finish.
These gaming headphones even look really cool. The color combination of Silver, red and black really looks nice. The Ear cups and the headband is well padded and these are over-the-ear style headphones so they also provide good noise isolation.
The voice quality of these headphones is pretty average for its price. You may feel some distortion in noise after maximizing the volume.
You also get the support of 7.1 surround sound mode which you can activate to enjoy an immersive sound experience.
There is also an omnidirectional microphone in this headset with active noise cancellation. It is a pretty good microphone but the active noise cancellation technology used could have been better as we could hear some unwanted noise during our testing.
- It feels very solid and durable because of the use of metal.
- It also has 7.1 surround sound technology.
- Daksing T19 Gaming Headset sounds pretty average.
- The comfortability is also pretty good.
- The color combination looks dope.
These were all the Best Gaming Headsets under $100.
Things to consider while buying a gaming headphones (Buying Guide)
Now, we will be having a look at few things that you must consider when you are looking to buy a gaming headphones for yourself.
Sound Quality- Sound quality is the most important part of any headphones. It should have a crisp sound clarity and a decent bass. If you want to get an immersive sound experience, then you should look for a gaming headphones with a wider frequency curve.
Comfortability- Comfortability is another really important aspect of a gaming headphones. The headphone should have soft ear cups and it should also be lightweight so that you won’t face any problems even in long gaming sessions.
Noise cancellation- Noise cancellation blocks the noise from your surroundings so you can focus on the game and ignore all the unnecessary noise. It is always recommended to buy a gaming headphones which comes with noise cancellation.
Microphone Quality- If you play online multiplayer games then you must know how important it is to communicate with your teammates and this is why you should also consider the microphone quality of the gaming headphones.
Durability- The headphones must also be very durable. They should be made up of high quality of plastic or metal. The cable should also be braided and long in length.
We have considered all the things mentioned above while selecting the gaming headsets for this article so you will face no problems after buying any gaming headset from the list.
Even if you face any problem with any gaming headset then you can claim the warranty. Now, let us have a look at some of our favorites.
Some of our favorites picks from the list:
- HyperX Cloud II– This is probably the best gaming headset on this list. It offers a premium build quality, crystal clear sound quality, great microphone with noise cancellation. It is definitely a great choice.
- Steelseries Arctis 5 RGB– Steelseries Arctis 5 RGB is another really awesome gaming headset. It has a minimal Prism RGB illumination light and it does also have the 7.1 surround sound system.
- Sades SA902– Sades SA902 was the most affordable gaming headset on our list. It has a very comfortable design and great sound quality. Looks aren’t that good but the value for money it provides is just mind blowing.
- Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2– This is a Dope pair of headphones by Razer. It has a very lightweight and durable design and the sound quality is also very good. You can also enjoy an immersive audio experience by enabling the 7.1 surround sound mode.
- Razer BlackShark Over Ear Noise Isolation PC Gaming Headset– This is the gaming headphone that you should buy if you are looking for a unique looking gaming headphone with decent sound quality and bass. It looks really different from all the other headphones on this list.
These were some of our favorite picks from this list. You will never regret if you ever buy any of gaming headset mentioned above.
Buying Guide FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Let us now discuss the answers to some of the questions which are frequently asked by the buyers of gaming headphones.
1) Can you also use gaming headphones for listening to music?
#Yes, it is definitely possible to use gaming headphones for listening to the music. The ones which we have mentioned on our list provide excellent sound quality so you will face no problems while listening to the music but there would not be any huge difference between a normal pair of headphones and a gaming headphones when you are listening to music.
2) What is the need of using a Gaming headphones?
# The voice quality of a pair of gaming headphones is much better when compared to any normal headphones. Professional gamers use gaming headphones because it helps them to react faster in Multiplayer games and it also helps in getting an immersive experience while playing an AAA Title.
3) Can we use gaming headphones for studio monitoring?
# We have already mentioned that the sound quality of gaming headphones is better and this is the reason why many professionals use gaming headphones for studio monitoring too.
4) Does gaming headphones make a huge difference?
# Yes, gaming headphones do make a difference at times. It also has a great microphone which is very useful while playing online multiplayer games.
5) Does RGB lightning on the gaming headphones make a difference?
# The RGB lightning on the gaming headphones does make the headphones look cool. It gives a cool look to the gaming headphones. You can also sync the lightning according to the theme of your setup.
6) Is it necessary to have a gaming headphones to be a professional gamer?
# No, it is definitely not necessary to buy a gaming headphones in order to be good at gaming. Many people use generic headphones for gaming. Some people even use speakers for gaming. All you need to be good at gaming is skills. Gaming headphones can help you to get certain advantages but it won’t increase your skills.
7) Can you connect to gaming headphones to PS4?
# Yes, most gaming headphones can be connected to gaming consoles as well. Make sure to check if the headset is compatible with consoles before buying it.
8) Which gaming headphones are better: Wired or wireless?
# We would always recommend you to go for wired accessories when it is all about gaming because wired accessories have better response time in most cases.
9) What is the role of noise cancellation in gaming headphones?
# Gaming headphones play an important role when it comes to gaming headphones. It cancels the unwanted sound from the background so you can get an immersive audio experience without much hassle.
10) Which brand makes the best gaming headset?
# There are so many great gaming accessory brands in the market. Few of these brands are Razor, Hyperx, Corsair etc.
11) What are the benefits of a braided cable?
# A Braided cable is stronger than a normal rubberized cable so it lasts longer. This is the reason people prefer braided cable in their Gaming headphones.
12) How does wireless gaming headphones work?
# Any wireless gaming headphones gets connected to your Gaming PC/console/laptop via Bluetooth. It works just like a generic wireless headphone.
13) How to get audio output and microphone input simultaneously on a gaming headphones?
# You can use a basic audio splitter in order to get audio output and microphone input at the same time without any hassle. This audio splitter is already provided in the box of the Gaming headphones in most cases.
14) What is Noise isolation in Gaming headphones?
# The Ear cups works as suction cups so that no unwanted voice from your surroundings will be able to enter in your ears. Headphones with noise isolation are very useful when you are in a flight.
15) How to customize the RGB lighting of a Gaming headphones?
# Every gaming headphones has its own software or program which you can use to change the RGB lightning.
16) Which Gaming headphones do professional gamers use?
# Most professional gamers use the higher end gaming headphones from top brands such as Razer, HyperX etc.
17) How much money should you invest on a gaming headphones?
# This completely depends upon your preferences and budget but we would recommend you to spend at least $50 in a gaming headphones so that you wouldn’t compromise on any feature.
18) What does the 7.1 surround sound system in Gaming headphones mean?
# 7.1 surround sound system of a gaming headphones, increases the depth of the sound so that you get an immersive audio experience.
19) How to get an idea of the comfortability of a gaming headphones?
# You can get an idea about the Comfortability of the gaming headphones by taking a look at the padding on the headband and ear cups. Well-padded gaming headsets are suitable for long gaming sessions.
20) Can you connect Gaming headphones to your smartphone?
# This actually depends upon your gaming headphones. If it does have a 3.5mm jack, then you will be able to connect it to your smartphone but features such as RGB lightning won’t work.
This article is a result hours of research and testing. We have included gaming headsets of all the budget segments under $100 so you can pick the one that fits in your budget and requirements.
Gaming isn’t only about expensive components. You must also have good accessories and getting a good gaming headset is really important.
We hope that you have found the Best Gaming Headset under $100 in 2019 that fits your requirements. If you did, then you can also check the other content on our website.
If you have any sort of queries, then you can leave them in the comments section and we would love to answer them. Do make sure to subscribe to our newsletter than you will get notified whenever we come up with such articles.