Nowadays, almost everyone is a music enthusiast. Whether at home or at work or at the workout, we love to listen to our playlists. Don’t we? And for us, the music enthusiasts of the world, Skullcandy have added another earphone to their ever growing list. The earphone I am talking about is the Skullcandy XTFree Bluetooth Wireless Sweat-resistant earbuds.
If you are a workout lover and need music to reach your potential and further, then my friend, you are in for a treat. Moreover, if you are willing to pay $100 for a premium quality headset then you are at the right place.
Now without further ado, let’s start the review of the Skullcandy’ Sports performer line’s XTFree Bluetooth earphone.
What’s Inside the Box?
Let’s start with what we will get with the package. Alongside the earphones, the box will include:
- A Charging cable
- And a Travel bag
- Pureclean gel
Yup, that’s pretty much it (Obviously the documentation part excluded).
Image Courtesy: Style-review
Design of Skullcandy Wireless Earphones
The XTFree is a part of Skullcandy’s Sports performer lineup, so the design is obviously going to be accordingly.
Though the name of the earphone has the word “wireless”, this is not completely wireless. Actually, the XTFree are behind the head wireless Bluetooth earphones. Along with wire, there is an inline remote control and a mic towards the left side. Talking from an overall perspective, the earphone looks great and colorful.
As discussed before, the Skullcandy’s XTFree is for sports and workout enthusiasts. Hence there must be something especially for them. So for workout people, the specialty of this earphone is 1. They are Sweat resistant and 2. The earpiece design comprises a triple lock (so they do not fall while workout).
Skullcandy XTFree Bluetooth wireless earbud is one of the best products available in the market from a workout aspect. Though the earphone is good for general use but preferably it is perfect for gym use. The features of the product that makes it worth buying are:
- To have a trouble free workout experience, the headset uses Bluetooth connectivity instead of wire. As a result, the earphone cables won’t slap on your face and there won’t be any tangling while packing as well.
- The weight of earbuds is surprisingly low and hence the bouncing factor is reduced.
- The earphone is sweat resistant and this probably is the most exciting thing about it. Sweat, rain or any other types of moisture can affect the quality of the sound plus also it can also damage the gear. But the sweat-resistant feature of the SkullcandyXTFree prevents from such issues. Also, the silicone gel helps you to keep the headset pure, clean, bacteria free, and ready to rock for the next workout.
- From the context of listening experience, the quality of sound is pretty decent. The earphones are made especially for the gym and sports enthusiasts, so the sound is best on the low-end i.e., it is mostly a bass oriented Bluetooth earphone to pump up during the workout.The highs and mids are decent as well. But if you are looking for general purpose earphones, I would say “There are better ones out there.”
- The inline remote control helps you to play, pause, skip+, and skip- the songs. One can also ‘pick up’ and ‘hang up’ the call using the control. The mic on the flip side enables you to have a hands-free call experience.
- The charging port of earphone is below the left earbud which can be covered when not in use.
- The XTFree wireless earphones feature a decent battery life of nearly 6 hours (which is low in comparison to some in the same range).
- Once perfectly worn, it feels smooth to the ears.
There are many reasons to buy the Skullcandy’XTFree. Some of them are:
- The earphones are sweat resistant.
- The weight is low.
- Decent price for given quality.
- Bass is high (good for pumping up while workout).
On the flip side of being perfect for workout enthusiasts, for general people there are some disadvantages too for general usage people:
- The highs are low
- The mids are decent but not perfect
- Bass is high
Overall the earphones are good. But for the sports enthusiast and workout devotee, this is the best one can find in this range, Period.
Hence, I would recommend this to all the bass lovers. And for others, there are other great premium-products available in the market. Check those out.
To end the article I would like to say (and here I am repeating myself), “If you are a workout lover and want perfect earphones for your sessions, Go Grab ’em.”
Top Rated Wireless Earphones
Last update on 2018-07-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API